Wherever you go, there you are. And with you, you take yourself and all your thoughts, your feelings, your beliefs, your stories, your experiences and all your perspectives from all of your life.
But when last did you re-evaluate your perspectives to assess it they are still true for you – given who and where you are in your life right now? Are they serving you in being your happiest, most fulfilled self and moving you closer to the life you want? Or are they leading you more towards feelings of frustration, exhaustion, resentment, disillusion and resignation?
Are you so busy doing life – rushing around day in and day out; scrambling from one commitment to another that’s it’s been way to long since you took some time to reflect on how you are being in the world and if your potential penthouse view of the world is clouded and jaded by your ground floor perspectives?
Here are 12+ questions for you to consider and reflect on. My hope is that in answering these questions they will cause you to re-evaluate some of your old long-held perspectives and inspire you to try on some new ones; one’s that are more fitting of who you are today; one’s that will move you closer to fulfilling your dreams and ambitions and live into your greatest potential.
- What have you made your past mean about you? What is a different and empowering story you can tell yourself about you and your life now?
- What have you allowed the “failures” in your life to teach you?
- When someone sees your name on caller ID, what thoughts and feelings do you want them to have? What are you doing to create those?
- Do you choose happiness or leave it to chance?
- What would happen if you forgave him/her/them?
- If you stay on the current trajectory where will you end up? Are ok with that?
- If there were no one to tell your story to, how would you be conducting yourself?
- When you look at your life as a whole, what do you think is your main purpose for being in this world? How are you living into that it?
- What do you most love about yourself and how are you showing that to the world every day?
- What are you most excited about now and how can you experience more of that?
- If all your perceived obstacles were removed, what would you do?
- Who are you becoming and what are you most grateful for?
These are tough questions I know but I encourage you to slowly and deliberately work through and answer them, deciding what different actions you can take that will serve you better in being and creating the life you want and deserve.
Until next week – embrace your inner truth, live your purpose and make your contribution in the world.
With gratitude and appreciation,